FP Exception handling on SPARC

Peter Jeremy peter at rulingia.com
Sun Jul 22 22:13:19 UTC 2012

I've been doing some experiments on mixing NaNs using x87, SSE,
sparc64 on FreeBSD, Solaris/SPARC and Linux/ARM.  My conclusion is
that there is no standardisation between the FPUs (and the base gcc
also evaluates constant expressions differently to the target FPU).

However, I've also noticed that FreeBSD/sparc64 and SunStudio on
Solaris10/SPARC also give different results.  Should we modify the
FreeBSD/sparc64 FP exception handling code to match Solaris?

--
Peter Jeremy