lang/gcc46 build failure on sparc64

Peter Jeremy peter at rulingia.com
Mon Jul 16 00:33:37 UTC 2012

On 2012-Jul-15 15:57:13 +0200, Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer.com> wrote:
>On Sat, 14 Jul 2012, Peter Jeremy wrote:
>> As a work-around, I'd suggest using ports/lang/gcc - which is the
>> stable branch of gcc-4.6
>
>Are you saying that on the same machine and base system, lang/gcc46
>fails to build whereas lang/gcc succeeds?

Hmmm....  It looks like I was wrong.  I _had_ lang/gcc installed
on my sparc64 so I was able to build it in the past but I've just
re-checked and I can't build it any longer.  Working out when it
broke would be quite time consuming given the speed of my sparc.

Sorry for the misleading suggestion.

>I was starting to feel this might be related to base systems built
>with WITH_ICONV=YES (in /etc/src.conf); can you check whether that
>is on, and if so, does make a difference?

I don't have WITH{OUT}_ICONV specified in my base system.

--
Peter Jeremy