zfs booting feedback

Chris Ross cross+freebsd at distal.com
Thu Jul 12 03:31:37 UTC 2012

On Jul 7, 2012, at 22:54 , Kurt Lidl wrote:
> I built a full 9.0-stable distribution on Friday night, and got to play
> with installing it on a spare Netra T1-105 today.  Mostly I was
> interested in testing out the integrated ZFS boot support that
> was commited recently.
>
> First of all -- it works!  Thanks very much to all who made it possible!

  On this front, I'm trying to find a FreeBSD sparc64 stable build to install
on a v240 I have for testing.  I've not found it easily by googling, so if
someone on the list could point me to sparc64 nightly's of the 9.0-STABLE
branch, or if you. Kurt, could make the ISO you built and have working
available, I'd very much appreciate it.

  I'm looking forward to experimenting with FreeBSD sparc64, and zfs.
I'm a zfs newbie.  :-)

                        - Chris