sparc64/164226: [cd] Data corruption on 9.0-RELEASE when reading from CDROM

Kurt Lidl kurt.lidl at cello.com
Mon Jul 9 17:00:22 UTC 2012

The following reply was made to PR sparc64/164226; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Kurt Lidl <kurt.lidl at cello.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, cpghost at cordula.ws
Subject: Re: sparc64/164226: [cd] Data corruption on 9.0-RELEASE when reading
 from CDROM
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 12:44:58 -0400

 I built a 9.0-STABLE distribution on Friday
 (Fri Jul  6 21:43:11 EDT 2012), including building a .iso
 (make release).

 I then burned the resulting .iso onto a disks, and successfully booted
 from, and installed from that iso image on a netra-t1.

 I had no problems with DMA issues on the local DVD
 drive.  (I replaced the CD-ROM in the machine with a slim-line
 DVD years ago.)

 So, I have successfully tested the patches referred to in this
 PR, I believe it can closed.

 -Kurt