sparc64/164123: Kernel fails to boot on Sun Ultra 5

Marius Strobl marius at alchemy.franken.de
Sun Jan 15 12:20:15 UTC 2012

The following reply was made to PR sparc64/164123; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marius Strobl <marius at alchemy.franken.de>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, gmbroome at vcu.edu
Subject: Re: sparc64/164123: Kernel fails to boot on Sun Ultra 5
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 13:01:14 +0100

 Please grab the following kernel:
 http://people.freebsd.org/~marius/kernel.debug.bz2
 That is a kernel built from the 9.0-R sources but with debugging
 symbols. You could also build such a kernel yourself and provide
 me with the resulting binary instead, this way around is just to
 save some time. Please boot it and when it crashes enter 'ctrace'
 and 'ftrace' on the OBP promt and provide me with the output of
 each of these commands. This probably is most easily done using
 a serial console.