Installation problems with BSD install ISO and SunBlade 1000

Super Bisquit superbisquit at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 17:27:29 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn at freebsd.org>wrote:

>  On 03/09/11 10:27, Super Bisquit wrote:
>

> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn at freebsd.org>wrote:
>
>>  On 03/09/11 09:29, Super Bisquit wrote:
>>
>>>  Keyboard layout is not properly recognized. Non Sun keyboard.
>>> Neither pc-sysinstall nor sysinstall will allow the creation of more than
>>> two partitions. When multiple partitions are created, it fails with not
>>> being able to find the superblock.
>>>

>> Can you please provide more details? What keyboard layout did you select,
>
> The last layout on the list us type
>
>> what kind of keyboard are you using?
>
> ViewSonic PC105 usb
>

> I forgot to ask: what specifically did you mean by "Not properly
> recognized"?

The layout is PC105. The vertical separator is instead located where the
tilde key is, the question mark key is located at the number 6.

>   How did you attempt to lay out the partitions on disk?
>
> /(root) swap /var /tmp /usr /usr/local /home
>
>> At what point and from where did you get the error about the superblock?
>>
> After the reboot, using pcsysinstall and the layout above. It dropped
> immediately into single user mode
>

> OK, so from the kernel. Which filesystem was it complaining about?

I used the freebsd-ufs. Everything after swap was not recognized. Also, the
last install would not let me create a /usr/local.

> -Nathan

I have to step out away from my SPARC and PPC machines for a couple of days.
Apologies beforehand  if the next reply is delayed.

Desmond