the state of ports on sparc64

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Sat Jul 16 06:24:11 UTC 2011

Quick summary: it's not so hot.

I've gone ahead and marked a number of ports as "broken" (e.g. do not
compile) from the last run.  Most of these are things that have no
dependent ports and/or are in cad/, games/, graphics/, and math/ .  I
doubt anyone is using any of these ports; if they are, please send
patches :-)

However, there are several higher-profile ports that I have _not_ marked
as broken; these affect such things as gnome and kde.  I'll forward the
error logs to the maintainers, but will mention them here first, together
with the main things they affect, and the port count:

devel/qt4-dbus			kde				 423	fails to compile (should be easy)
graphics/clutter		gnome			  18	fails to configure
graphics/libGLU			kde, sdl12		2488	fails to compile
print/teTeX-texmf		freebsd-doc		 298	missing file on install
x11/xdriinfo			xorg			   2	fails to configure

So, until these are fixed, sparc64 is kind of in "only useable as a
server" mode.  If anyone has any ideas on how to fix these, please let
me know.

Thanks.

mcl