Bailing on Solaris?

Boris Kochergin spawk at acm.poly.edu
Tue Jan 25 23:46:58 UTC 2011

I think support for the hardware is pretty good, and more is constantly
being added. I have 7.x and 8.x running on Ultra 5s and E450s doing
various things. No major complaints. Some third-party software, as found
in the ports tree, lags behind i386 and amd64 for obvious reasons, but
the popular stuff works fine. In terms of five years down the line, I'm
not sure what the current lack of clang/LLVM in the base system for that
architecture means for it in the long term.

-Boris