Problem with instaling FreeBSD-8.2-RELEASES platform sparc64 to Sun Enterprise 420R

Marko Lerota mlerota at claresco.hr
Mon Jan 24 11:45:17 UTC 2011

Lukas Maly <Iam at LukasMaly.NET> writes:

> Hi
>
> I have Sun server Sun Enterprise 420R
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/smejdil/sets/72157625843517234/with/5363082447/
>
> I can install FreeBSD-8.2-RELEASES platform sparc64 to this server. But
> installation ending on this last message.
>
> --~--
> jumping to kernel entry at 0xc0088000.
> --~--

I have the same hardware running 7.3-RELEASE-p2. I upgrade it from
some 6-X-RELEASE which I installed before. I don't remember that I
had any issues with the installation. One post from google shows
this:
You're using an unsupported framebuffer (see the release notes).

http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-questions@freebsd.org/msg225079.html

--
Marko Lerota
Sent from my Gnus Mailer