Can't compile tools/netrate/[netblast|netsend]

Olivier Cochard-Labbé olivier at cochard.me
Sun Aug 28 19:56:26 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile netblast on my Sun Blade 150, but I can't
because there is alignement error in the code:

[root at sparc64]/usr/src/tools/tools/netrate/netblast#make
Warning: Object directory not changed from original
/usr/src/tools/tools/netrate/netblast
cc -O2 -pipe  -std=gnu99 -fstack-protector -Wsystem-headers -Werror
-Wall -Wno-format-y2k -W -Wno-unused-parameter -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wreturn-type -Wcast-qual
-Wwrite-strings -Wswitch -Wshadow -Wcast-align -Wunused-parameter
-Wno-pointer-sign -Wformat=2 -Wno-format-extra-args -Werror -c
netblast.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
netblast.c: In function 'blast_loop':
netblast.c:115: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/tools/tools/netrate/netblast

As I'm not a C coder, and googling about alignment, I've learn that
only x86 platform "hide" this problem, but I didn't find dummy patch
for fix this kind of problem.
Does anyone have a solution ?

Thanks,

Olivier