sparc64/151404: Kernel hangs before mounting root fs

Dmitry Afanasiev KOT at MATPOCKuH.Ru
Fri Oct 15 20:20:09 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR sparc64/151404; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dmitry Afanasiev <KOT at MATPOCKuH.Ru>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Cc: marius at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: sparc64/151404: Kernel hangs before mounting root fs
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 23:27:55 +0400

 Hello!

 After a kernel update system booted, but all onboard interfaces (bge0-4)
 got status DOWN and system became fully unavailable via network.
 I rebooted the system twice, but without results.
 After booting old kernel all works properly - interfaces up and etc.

 I'm confused. Is incorrect interface's status result of this change, or
 I got another problem with bge driver?