U60 doesn't boot anymore with -CURRENT

Marius Strobl marius at alchemy.franken.de
Sun Jun 13 19:15:35 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 04:38:52PM +0200, Andreas Tobler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my gecko testmachine refuses to boot with -CURRENT.
>
> Here the verbose part of the messages:
>
> ---
> FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT #0 r209123M: Sun Jun 13 14:07:28 CEST 2010
>
>     andreast at u60.andreas.nets:/usr/obj/export/devel/src/sys/GENERIC sparc64
> Preloaded elf kernel "/boot/kernel/kernel" at 0xc0bbc000.
> real memory  = 1610612736 (1536 MB)
> avail memory = 1554571264 (1482 MB)
> machine: SUNW,Ultra-60
> cpu0: Sun Microsystems UltraSparc-II Processor (449.99 MHz CPU)
>   mask=0xa0 maxtl=5 maxwin=7
> initalizing intr_countp
> ---
>
> And here it hangs.
>
> Any idea on hwat is going wrong?

Nothing obvious as no sparc64 specific changes went in lately.
If you use a kernel built with options ALT_BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER,
can you break into the debugger via the alternate break sequence
on the serial console and get backtrace when it hangs? What is
the last known working revision? Can you bisect which revsion
triggers the problem?