smbfs

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 00:07:22 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 05:20:33PM +0100, Marius Strobl wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 08:49:30AM -0500, brad dreisbach wrote:
> > what is the status of smbfs support in the sparc64 port?
>
> AFAICT it's still unchanged from last Februrary:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-sparc64/2009-February/006189.html
> It still would be interesting to know how far the kernel part
> actually gets these days on sparc64.
>

>From my very limited testing, it seems to work. Since smbfs related
libraries and kernel module are not installed by default you may
have to use attached patch and rebuild all or manually
build/install required files.

Marius, since other strict alignment architectures like ia64 or
powerpc enabled smbfs, I guess it's ok to enable smbfs on sparc64.
What's your opinion?

The attached patch also fixes an endian bug of smbutil(1).