Trailing slashes on file names

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at acm.org
Fri Apr 9 22:09:40 UTC 2010

On 2010-Apr-05 17:32:06 +0000, Christian Weisgerber <naddy at mips.inka.de> wrote:
>I'm trying to figure out why ports/archivers/gcpio is reported as
>not building on sparc64.  The details seem to be twisty, but I
>suspect at the root are these different results of a number of
>configure script tests:

I have checked with 8-stable sparc64, amd64 and i386 and am unable to
reproduce this particular problem and gcpio builds on sparc64 for me.
I _do_ get some other wierd issues though.

Environment:

sparc64: 8-stable from mid-Feb, UFS
amd64: 8-stable from  last Sunday, ZFS
i386: 8-beta from last September, NFS  [I didn't realise it was that old]

The "wierd" issues are:

sparc64, amd64:
 checking for working fcntl.h... no (bad O_NOATIME)
 checking whether stdint.h conforms to C99... no
 checking whether inttypes.h conforms to C99... no
 checking for working mktime... no

i386
 checking for working fcntl.h... yes
 checking whether stdint.h conforms to C99... yes
 checking whether inttypes.h conforms to C99... yes
 checking for working mktime... yes

O_NOATIME appears to be a Linux extension so the claim that fcntl.h
does not work on sparc64 or amd64 is spurious whilst the claim it
does work on i386 is a flaw in the configure script.

The definitions for SIG_ATOMIC_{MIN,MAX} in <stdint.h> are incorrect
on 64-bit architectures because they are always 32-bit whereas
sig_atomic_t is long (64-bit).  I have reported this as bin/145590.

The inttypes.h non-conformance is linked to stdint.h non-conformance.

mktime is reported as non-working on 64-bit architectures because
localtime(3) and mktime(3) are not able to reverseably convert some
time_t values.  There have been various discussions about range
restrictions within the timezone code.  A short search has turned up
kern/128714 and misc/145341.  IMO, the test program is unrealistic.

--
Peter Jeremy