Trailing slashes on file names

Christian Weisgerber naddy at freebsd.org
Tue Apr 6 12:14:50 UTC 2010

Peter Jeremy:

> Do you have access to the config.log output?

No, I have only been looking at the pointyhat logs, since I don't have
access to a FreeBSD/sparc64 machine.  Is there one available to
committers?  There is no mention on
http://www.freebsd.org/internal/machines.html

> That may provide more insight into what is going wrong.  I have
> in the past seen configure get very confused about how to compile
> test programs and blunder on regardless, reporting nonsense.

The configure script doesn't get confused in general.  If you diff
its output between amd64/i386 and sparc64, you see that it specifically
differs about whether a number of system calls accept a trailing
slash to a file name: chown, lstat, unlink, open, stat.  Hundreds
of other tests are fine.

Anybody with access to a sparc64 can check what make configure for
ports/archivers/gcpio reports for their system.

I am concerned that linimon@ may have sprinkled BROKEN all over the
ports tree based on a bogus build run.

Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de