Sil3512 (sii, SATA) driver on Sun Ultra60/blade 1000

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 2 08:25:38 UTC 2009

spawk wrote:
> Alexander Motin wrote:

>>> I have tried the Sil3124, but not with the new siis driver.  I tried it
>>> with the ata driver;  I had the card with 4 ports, and when I tried it
>>> with ata, it was exhibiting the same behaviour as the Sil3512 card in
>>> the ultra 60.
>>>
>>> But the Sil3124 card died, and not sure how that happened.  I still have
>>> it, but the system doesn't see it atall.
>>>
>>> How can I help?  I am willing to do testing utilizing the Sil3512 that I
>>> have, and if I can get a hold of a working Sil3124, I can test with that
>>> too.  I could probably provide remote access to a sparc64 box for
>>> testing, but I will have to check on that.
>>>
>>> Let me know how I can help.
>>>

>> It would be nice to have some big-endian system for testing.
>>

> I can definitely provide remote access to a sparc64 machine. The ones I
> have are PCI, though. Hopefully there are PCI variants of the hardware
> you're testing.

Most of newer hardware is PCIe. But SiI3124 is PCI-X and earlier
SiI3112/3114 are PCI ones (first is more interesting, as it uses new
driver and more functional). Also it would be good to check generic PCI
ATA controller, if there is some on-board.

--
Alexander Motin