Is it posible to run FreeBSD/sparc64 on SunFire V215?

Marius Strobl marius at alchemy.franken.de
Mon Nov 16 22:14:17 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 03:50:58PM +0300, KOT MATPOCKuH wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm got three host panic three times with this message:
> panic: pcib12: XCB error status 0x1 interrupt status 0x8
> cpuid = 0
> Uptime: 1d14h51m50s
> Cannot dump. Device not defined or unavailable.
> Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort
>
> Is it information enough or I need to collect a crash dump from a system?

A crash dump wouldn't provide information relevant for this problem.
The panic message indicates an unsolicited interrupt ACK/NACK has
occured, which actually are not fatal. Please use the current patchset
from:
http://people.freebsd.org/~marius/fire.diff
It fixes a possible cause for this problem (inappropriate interrupt
group controller assignment) as well as hopefully handles such
interrupts gracefully should they still occur. You'll need to either
watch the dev.pcib.X.jbc_unsol_int (probably 0 and 12) SYSCTLs or
boot verbosely to still get ahold of them though.