Greetings! Wrong settings on 7.1-RELEASE for ZFS

Antonio Huete Jimenez ahuete.devel at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 16:21:48 PST 2009

Hi all,

First I would like to say hello to everyone as I'm new on this mailing
list :-)

I have a Sun Netra X1 equipped with a UltraSparc IIe 500MHz processor,
1GB RAM, 2 x 40GB IDE harddisks.
In the first HD I've installed the OS (FreeBSD 7.1) and I want to use
ZFS for the second, so while reading
http://wiki.freebsd.org/ZFSTuningGuide , I tried to use ZFS kern memory
usage settings specified in the document for AMD64, but after rebooting
the system is unable to boot showing a lot of messages related to cpu 0
with text "panic: trap: fast data access mmu miss".

I can provide some more information when needed.

Best regards,
Antonio Huete