Solved: Re: trouble installing to sun blade 1500

Marius Strobl marius at alchemy.franken.de
Sat Dec 19 20:07:35 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 06:20:04PM +0000, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 01:56:14PM +0100, Marius Strobl wrote:

> > > Marius, thank you. I bought on of those (15 pounds, ebay)
> > > and it seems to work ok in the text mode.
> > > I haven't yet built X successfully, still some errors
> > > in devel/gobject-intospection
> >
> > You'll likely want to use a more lightweight window manager
> > than GNOME like for example windowmaker on a Blade 1500
> > anyway.
>
> sure. I don't use gnome anyway. But gobject-introspection is
> required by hal, which, in turn, is necessary for X.

Ah, ok, I missed that gobject-introspection now also is a
dependency of hal. You should avoid using hal by building
xorg-server with WITHOUT_HAL defined anyway though; last
time I looked at its code it didn't seem like it would
work on sparc64 and given that it doesn't exactly work on
amd64/i386 either I didn't bother trying to fix it.