port www/libxul broken on sparc64, but builds even on ia64

Andreas Tobler andreast-list at fgznet.ch
Mon Dec 14 21:01:44 UTC 2009

On 14.12.09 18:58, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

> On Dec 14, 2009, at 9:04 AM, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
>
>> Port www/libxul is marked as broken on sparc64.
>> HOwever, it builds even on ia64!
>> Could anybody comment on why this port is broken for sparc64?
>
> Anton,
>
> Can you remove the marker from the Makefile and just build it.
> Let us know how it fails if it fails.
>
> Remember that most ports committers don't have access to non
> PC hardware (or don't have easy access to it), so they do
> things blind. Once a port fails to build on an architecture
> and no one helps out to fix it, they can only mark the port
> as broken.

I think I fixed this for the upcoming libxul. See here:
https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/freebsd-gecko/wiki/TODO

If you need a backport for the current libxul, 1.9.0.15, to sparc64, let
me know. I would not be unhappy if you can wait for the new version.
But if you have a speaking reason, I might find some slots :)

Regards,
Andreas