Audio on Sunblade 100

Gheorghe Ardelean ardelean at ww.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Aug 24 22:12:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, Christian Ramseyer wrote:

> Gheorghe Ardelean wrote:
>> The 1st Blade100 that I have has:
>>
>> UltraSPARC-IIe 500MHz, OpenBoot 4.2, 512MB RAM
>>
>> The 2nd one has:
>>
>> UltraSPARC-IIe 500MHz, OpenBoot 4.2, 256MB RAM
>>
>> Christian, are you running the same version of OpenBoot?
>>

> Mine has 4.17.1 and only 128 MB of RAM. If you guys think it would help,
> I could try to update it, but if I'm not mistaken, that would require me
> to first install Solaris on it, right?

Is this not newer than mine? I think 4.17 is the latest ( I have 4.2 )
Concerning the way to do the updates, I did all my updates by netbooting
the update installer. I did this for Ultra 1, 1E, 5, 10 and 30.

IIRC just setup a RARP and TFTP server, and serve the flash rom
updater over TFTP. The file name should be the IP address of the client in HEX
written with capital letter (tcpdump is your friend here analyzing the
requests) and maybe at the end you should add the architectural class
(sun4u). Do not forget to set the jumpers on the motherboard also. :)

Good documentation about this setup could be found here:
http://www.netbsd.org/docs/network/netboot/intro.sun.ofw.html

The other way round is to use the Solaris CD/DVD.

Best regards,

Gheorghe Ardelean