Kernel panic in 7.0-RELEASE with fatm driver

Sean Thomas Caron scaron at umich.edu
Tue Sep 30 16:22:29 UTC 2008

Hi Marius,

I applied the patch that you furnished and rebuilt the kernel, now the
system is coming up just fine after probing the ATM card and the
interface seems to take an IP and ifconfig up with no problems at all.
I'm away from home using ILOM right now to interact with the server
but I will actually try hooking it up to my switch and passing some
packets through it tonight when I get home to be absolutely sure that
it's working -- but this is looking very promising indeed. :)

Thanks very much for your efforts! I really appreciate it.

-Sean