sparc64/121458: The 7.0 sparc64 release has a broken compiler and a broken pkg_add system

Curtis Maloney mildly at abnormal.com
Sat Mar 8 05:53:41 UTC 2008

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR sparc64/121458; it has been noted
> by GNATS.
>
>> If its relevent I'm using a SUN netra x1
>>> How-To-Repeat:
>> Try to make any port or "pkg_add -r" any package.
>
> Please show us the evidence of your problems, don't just give your
> interpretation of the causes.

I have a Netra X1 that I was planning to reinstall... it currently has
my first attempt at installing FreeBSD ever, so a clean install will do
it good :)

Could the OP describe the install process used, please?  Also, how much
RAM is installed?

Never know, this might also solve the issue that FreeBSD locks on boot
with over 512M :)

--
Curtis Maloney