sparc64/119017: 7.0 Beta won't install on U60

Daniel Austin MBCS freebsd-sparc64 at dan.me.uk
Mon Jun 23 16:30:04 UTC 2008

The following reply was made to PR sparc64/119017; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Daniel Austin MBCS <freebsd-sparc64 at dan.me.uk>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, andrew at grillet.co.uk
Subject: Re: sparc64/119017: 7.0 Beta won't install on U60
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 17:20:28 +0100

 Hi,

 I'm not sure if this helps, but here goes...

 I have just installed 7.0-RELEASE in an identical way to your original
 PR.  The system is an Ultra-60 dual 450mhz cpu, 2GB ram, dual 18GB SCSI
 disks.
 I installed from the 7.0-RELEASE bootonly ISO, and used FTP install from
 ftp2.uk.freebsd.org.  I installed minimal distribution set only.

 Prior to install, the system had a working copy of Solaris 10 with
 mirroring.

 Install went through normally without any hangs.

 Thanks,

 Daniel.