sun e250 installation woes.

Stephen Hurd shurd at sasktel.net
Tue Jan 8 20:01:33 PST 2008

amilcar padilla wrote:
> I cannot test the serial console capability as I am without a serial
> port on any of my machines.  I also don't think it would be a graphics
> card issue since it hangs when loading the kernel.

This is precisely the symptoms I saw whan I had my Expert 3D-Lite in my
Blade.
iirc, the last message I saw on the console was "Jumping to <some address>"

If you know the model of video card (many of them display that in the
top left curner during POST) we could let you know if it's known to not
work.  What it seems to boil down to is that if it is a 3Dlabs based
card, it will not work.