new wiki page: State of Packages on Sparc64

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Wed Jan 2 15:40:54 PST 2008

Please see http://wiki.freebsd.org/Sparc64Packages for a writeup on where
we are with respect to sparc64 packages, from portmgr's perspective.

Quick summary: we're far behind where we are on i386.  In particular, we
can't build KDE anywhere at the moment, which affects the release package
set.  We really need more help from our sparc64 users to decide where we
should be spending our efforts (e.g., try to fix various desktop issues?
or, concentrate on server-only issues?)

Recently several people have expressed an interest in loaning machines and
fixing bugs, so consider this an effort at coordination.

If you've got any questions, please email me directly.

mcl