Tier 2 Support

Gavin Atkinson gavin.atkinson at ury.york.ac.uk
Thu Dec 18 10:48:39 PST 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 12:36 -0500, Ansar Mohammed wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Is anyone using FreeBSD Sparc64 for production use? We intend to deploy
> several Blade 100s for Web. PGSQL and DNS Servers.

I think quite a few people are using FreeBSD/sparc64 for production use,
although I suspect there will be others who can give you a better
response to that half of your question.

Are you talking about the Blade 100's (the desktop-style machines) or
the B100 Blades (Sun's early attempt at Blade servers)?  If you're
talking the former, I can confirm that FreeBSD runs very well on them,
however I don't believe the on-board network card is supported on the
latter.

Gavin