Panic in 7.1-PRERELEASE (was: Re: kgdb on sparc64)

Ruben de Groot fbsd-sparc64 at bzerk.org
Tue Dec 16 06:03:22 PST 2008

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 10:36:13PM +0100, Marius Strobl typed:
> On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 12:56:53PM +0100, Ruben de Groot wrote:

> > > Could you please give the patch at:
> > > http://people.freebsd.org/~marius/dc_bitbang_delay.diff
> > > a try? It's based on information gained from other drivers for
> > > the same chips that there should be an delay after every write
> > > when bit-banging the MII, which hopefully solves the bus wedging
> > > you're seeing. So far I didn't manage to reproduce the problem
> > > though, so I can't test whether the patch makes an actual
> > > difference either.
> >
> > Thanks for looking into this.
> > Running with this patch right now. It'll take some time to conclude if this
> > fixes the issue, as the panics normally happen only once every 2-3 days.
> >

> How is it doing so far?

Yes, well, the server has been running for exactly 14 days with your patch now
without any troubles. So today I switched the websites back from my -current
machine as the latter was developing some (unrelated) problems.

So I'd say the issue looks like it's solved. Thanks again!

Ruben