sparc64/116315: /sbin permission

mdh mdh_lists at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 12 14:19:04 PDT 2007

There are a few exceptions to this, or at least, I
believe there should be - init (w-x - -), shutdown
(r-xS r-x -), mksnap_ffs (r-xS r-x -), and nologin (a
symlink).  Is it possible he's referring to those
files?  I don't have a clean 6.2 install to look at,
but on all of my systems, those are the exceptions to
his statement.

Though if that were the case, the fix would not be to
chmod all the files, but to chmod (and possibly chgrp
or ln?) a few of them...

- mdh

root at s-dallas.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/src/sys/GENERIC