Doesn't anything work around here?

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Sun Nov 4 12:51:07 PST 2007

On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 11:38:26AM -0500, Miles Nordin wrote:
> People working on the dominant architecture will say ``I don't have
> a sparc64'' or ``I don't have a FreeBSD box,'' which means to them
> more-or-less ``I don't have to worry about what I break here, because
> after all, how could I?''

And thus, your recommendation is?

[fwiw, Kris has probably done more to keep ports going on sparc64 than
anyone else in the project, in terms of running package builds,
identifying problems, emailing maintainers, and marking things broken
when they don't install/deinstall cleanly.  This is also true for
the other architectures :-) ]

The point that I'm trying to make is that it's easier to address
specific problems than general ones.  If you want things fixed, you're
going to need to be proactive in identifying sources of breakage and
notifying the people that caused them, whether that's via email or send-pr.

mcl