Doesn't anything work around here?

Miles Nordin carton at Ivy.NET
Sun Nov 4 06:21:16 PST 2007

>>>>> "cb" == Christian Baer <christian.baer at uni-dortmund.de> writes:

    cb> Firefox was now a 32bit app in pgksrc.

really?  How do they do that?  First I think you would have to install
a whole NetBSD/sparc userland on your NetBSD/sparc64 system, and
maintain a /usr/pkg32 so you could install 32-bit versions of all the
dependent libraries.  Second, I thought the COMPAT_32 stuff was broken
for certain basic things like threads so it was impossible to run
64-bit and 32-bit programs under the same kernel.  Do you mean some of
them are using a NetBSD/sparc(32) kernel on UltraSPARC hardware?