Doesn't anything work around here?

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Sun Nov 4 03:48:43 PST 2007

On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 12:03:44PM +0100, Christian Baer wrote:
> Where are these marks? I don't really expect them to jump right in my face
> when I try to compile a port

BROKEN=string.  They'll prevent you from building the port, by default.
(You can override it).

> So there should have been some input there.

Again, it all depends on feedback from our users.

> > I personally think it's still worth putting work into sparc ports,
> > if for nothing else the potential for a solid, working, FreeBSD/sun4v
>                                                                   ^^^^^
> Someone is working on FreeBSD/sparc32?

No, sun4v is the T1000/T2000 series.

> I'm just wondering how two really common apps that have been broken for
> quite a while now could just slip through the grid.

It's just that there is small community of people using sparc64, and an
even smaller community of people user sparc64 as a desktop.

FreeBSD is the sum of what its volunteers make of it.

mcl