SPARC64: Can't upgrade from 6.1 to 6.2 due to binutils

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Fri Jan 26 04:00:44 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 03:30:18AM +0000, Joao Barros wrote:
> On 1/26/07, Matthew Herzog <matthew.herzog at gmail.com> wrote:
> >I have never been able to upgrade Sparc64 from source. I suspect it is
> >nearly impossible.
> >Please let me know if you suceed.

Matthew,

We established long ago that you have a trashed FreeBSD install.  You
can continue to choose not to believe in the existence the dozen or so
sparc64 systems I run that successfully build world (let alone the
many sparc64 systems run and updated by other freebsd users) if you
wish, but that doesn't make your dreams any closer to reality ;-)

Kris