FreeBSD 6.2 hangs on Sun Ultra 80

David Barbero sico at loquefaltaba.com
Thu Feb 8 10:08:18 UTC 2007

Gilles Celli <gilles.celli at ecgs.lu> ha escrito:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to install FreeBSD 6.2 via CD-ROM on a SUN Ultra 80 (2x
> Ultrasparc-II at 450MHz / OpenBoot 3.23 / 1.2GB RAM) with Raptor GFX
> graphics-card,
> monitor and keyboard.
>
> After booting from the CD, it hangs with the following message:
> * Nothing to autoload yet
> * Jumping to kernel entry at 0xc0060000
>
> and then hangs :-(

This errors are caused with a not supported graphics card, i have the
same problem with a enterprise 450.

> Could it be due to the graphics-card ? Any work-around?
>
> I've also read that you can boot in serial console mode...
> But how do I do that ?
>
> Any suggestions greatly appreciated,

Yes, you can boot whit serial console, it's simple, disconect your
keyboard and monitor on your SUN, and connect a serial cable to other
machine, the Sun hardware when not detecting keyboard or video, it
uses by defect the serial port to have control on the machine, in the
other machine you need run a minicom or if you use Windos,
hyperterminal.

More info in:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/term.html

Regards.

--
"Linux is for people who hate Windows, BSD is for people who love UNIX"
"Social Engineer -> Because there is no patch for human stupidity"