Netbooting Sparc64

Damian Wiest dwiest at vailsys.com
Mon Apr 23 18:17:33 UTC 2007

On Sun, Apr 22, 2007 at 01:12:55AM +0200, Didrik Madheden wrote:
> I have a Sparc64 (SunBlade 100 to be precise) which I have some
> problems booting. I got it from my university when they upgraded, so
> there could possibly be something fishy with the boot settings. (Even
> though I doubt that's the true problem)
> I've tried burning a bootable FBSD (6.2 as well as 7.0) disc, which
> the computer does not at all react to, even when doing [break], boot
> cd.

[snip]

> /Didrik Madheden
>
> -----BEGIN 2ROT13 MESSAGE-----
> Low Bitrate Netlabel: <http://f-label.tojt.net/>
> Electronic music forum:
> <http://oxo-unlimited.com/forums>
> S?tt p? ett par flipflops, vippa p? rumpan
> och g?r det h?r till en minnesv?rd sommar!
> -----END 2ROT13 MESSAGE-----

You can reset the NVRAM settings to the factory defaults by holding
Stop-N on the keyboard and powering on the server.

What type of recordable media are you using and how did you create the
disc?  It's possible that your optical drive can't read the media you
used, or that it doesn't like the options you used when creating the
disc.

Does the system recognize the optical drive that's installed?  If you
execute "probe-scsi-all" at the ok> prompt, the drive should show up in
the listing.

-Damian