[head tinderbox] failure on sparc64/sun4v

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Sat Nov 4 11:06:48 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-Nov-03 23:46:27 -0800, Kip Macy wrote:
>Sparc64 only supports CAS on 4 and 8 byte quantities. The only
>operation it support on 16 bytes is load.

The '16' in 'atomic_add_16' is bits.  Few RISC architectures can
support atomic operations (or primitives to build atomic ops) on
anything other than their native word side and 32 bits.

The problem is that SCTP is using a 16-bit refcnt and trying to
manipulate it atomically.  This is problematic on anything except i386
and amd64.  The easiest solution seems to be to change refcnt to an
[u]int - though I'm not sure what other impacts this may have.

--
Peter Jeremy