Installing on a SunBlade 1500

Konstantin Saurbier saurbier at math.uni-bielefeld.de
Wed May 10 13:56:53 UTC 2006

On Tue, 9 May 2006 19:48:59 -0400
stan <stanb at panix.com> wrote:

> I;m trying to install 6.1-RELEASE on a SunBlade 1500.
(...)

> What am I doing wrong?

Your Blade 1500 is UltraSparc III based, but unfortunately all machines based on USIII or higher are unsupported.
For my Blade 1000 there is at least the driver for the Schizo PCI-Chip missing.
You should notice a similar error while booting FreeBSD, it should hang at nexus0 without loading or detecting other hardware.
--

Viele Gruesse,

Konstantin Saurbier

Konstantin Saurbier                Tel.: 0521 106 3861
Computerlabor Mathematik                        U5-138
Universitaet Bielefeld             Universitaetsstr.25
33501 Bielefeld
email:                  saurbier at math.uni-bielefeld.de