NFS install writability on Netra t1 105

Nicholas Riley njriley at uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 3 07:40:48 PST 2006

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 03:35:41PM +0000, Bruce O'Neel wrote:
> Hi,
> On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 09:24:02AM -0600, Nicholas Riley wrote:
>
> > I've seen several reports of people actually using the FreeBSD
> > installer on sparc64 (albeit in 5.x versions); is it supposed to work
> > still?
>
> Do you mean installing on a local disk?  That does work, I did it
> last week after booting the CD-ROM.

Yes, I do mean installing on a local disk.  Nothing exotic, I'm just
attempting to use the installer over NFS because there's no local
CD-ROM.

> I've never tried installing on a nfs disk, I just untarred the
> assorted bits from the cdrom on the nfs server.

Indeed, I guess I could network boot the thing, but I'd rather not
leave the disks unused :)

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley at uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>