most stable release?

Daniel Bye freebsd-questions at slightlystrange.org
Sun Apr 23 00:59:13 UTC 2006

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 07:49:17AM +0100, bsd at bathnetworks.com wrote:
> > I have an Ultra60 (w/dual 360) that was running CURRENT from October
> > 05, but was never really capable of taking heavy load without locking
> > up.  I'm trying to get it fully usable again, but my impression of 7
> > right now is that it has problems, and maybe 6 does too, so of the 3
> > releases I can find (5.4, 6.1 RC, and 7 CURRENT) are any of them
> > really stable right now?
> >
> > thanks,
> > dave c
> >
> Dave,
>
> I have an Ultra 10 running 6.0P4 without any real problems. 5.4 does have
> some issues. I guess that 6.1 RC should be good too. BTW 6.0 is avaiavlbe
> as iso images.

Yes, 6.1 RC is working here without any problems on my Ultra 10.  The box
is quite busy, and handles anything thrown at it.  I'm really looking
forward to 6.1-RELEASE - the RC kicks donkey as it is.

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: D349 B109 0EB8 2554 4D75  B79A 8B17 F97C 1622 166A
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \