sparc64/94886: Cant install xorg/sparc64/Creator3D

Matthias Muthmann mmuthmann at gmx.net
Sat Apr 15 18:29:56 UTC 2006

Am Freitag, den 31.03.2006, 22:44 +0200 schrieb Dejan Lesjak:

> The patch in http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=94886 should do the
> same thing then. When anyone confirms that in PR I'll commit that.
> Thanks for finding the solution!
>
> Dejan

Hi,

finally I found some time to test your patch!
It didn't work, but the solution is simple:
You have to delete the following lines from ffb_driver.c (after applying
your patch, of course).

>     if (xf86LoadSubModule(pScrn, "xf8_32wid") == NULL) {
>       FFBFreeRec(pScrn);
>       return FALSE;
>     }

After doing this, the binary has the exact same size than my previous
working version and (of course) also works.
So, I think when you add the small fix, you can apply this patch to the
port.

Have fun,
Matthias

--