Problems with X..

Dejan Lesjak dejan.lesjak at ijs.si
Wed Mar 2 19:10:50 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 02 of March 2005 19:47, Matthias Muthmann wrote:
> On Mi, 2005-03-02 at 10:50 +0100, Dejan Lesjak wrote:
> > Aha, so at least the keys work, they are only being mapped to strange
> > codes. There's one thing I've missed when trying to bring sparc related
> > stuff from keyboard driver. Can you try the whole reinstall fun with
> > additional patch here:
> > http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/xorg/patch-bsd_KbdMap.c
> > This is supposed to prevent remapping so called "internet keys" for PC
> > keyboards on sparc.
> > Those events above were with patches applied, right? If the above patch
> > fails, could you also try getting keycodes and keysyms with plain
> > xorg-server version from ports? (I don't know if I'll be able to come
> > with final solution in which case this data would be valuable when
> > submitting bug report to X.Org.)
> >

> > Dejan
>
> I just tried the server with all 3 patches applied. I didn't notice any
> difference the the server with only the first two patches.
> What exactly do you want me to do? Send you all the keycodes and keysyms
> that outputs xev for every key?

Just the ones that don't work (if they are consecutive in the row, only a
range would be fine). I'm also interested in whether without these patches
applied - was the row in question behaving the same as the other keys (ie
codes generated being off by one) or was it behaving differently even then?

Dejan