5.4 install on Ultra10

Julian Stacey jhs at berklix.org
Sat Jun 18 11:02:12 GMT 2005

Reference:

Tony Li wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install from cdrom onto an Ultra10.  I'm able to get the
> kernel loaded, but the last message that I get is "jumping to kernel
> entry at 0xc0040000".  The system is then hung hard.

Try 5.3. Then report back please.
5.4 was useless for me & some other(s).
It failed when I tried on an UltraSparc-IIi Processor (400.00 MHz CPU)
See previous discussions on this list this month.
  http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-sparc64/2005-June/date.html#start

There's been more than one Subject: already covering this sort of failure, eg
My posting
  http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-sparc64/2005-June/003218.html

I agree with whoever it was recently wrote he thought that 5.4 .ISO
should be removed from the ftp sites [& optionally rebuilt].  (Or
has anyone used it succesfully to boot install ?)

-
Julian Stacey        Net & Sys Eng Consultant, Munich       http://berklix.com
Mail in Ascii (Html=Spam).  Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.