sparc64/82262: Critical Sparc64 Bug Init Binkley Kernel 5.4 Ultra2 Sun4U 400 Ultra SCSI Jump

James Cornell penguin at unixdevil.org
Fri Jun 17 00:40:29 GMT 2005

The following reply was made to PR sparc64/82262; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "James Cornell" <penguin at unixdevil.org>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: sparc64/82262: Critical Sparc64 Bug Init Binkley Kernel 5.4
     Ultra2 Sun4U 400 Ultra SCSI Jump
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:32:26 -0700 (PDT)

 Someone needs to recompile and repackage freebsd 5.4 sparc64 isos then.
 It's a waste of space otherwise.  I tried playing with OBP environment
 variables, no dice on 5.3.  Since it is hard to get serial cables in this
 area, and I require direct access for most things, I will wait until 5.4
 is fixed.  The drawback of having a type 6 is apparent.  I won't settle
 with buying another keyboard just because this one can't type though, that
 wouldn't make sense.  Looks like a waiting game then.  I'd rather be using
 FreeBSD on there then Solaris for various reasons, including the archaic
 path setting absurdness required to implement a half functional lamp on
 the sparc64 platform with Solaris, and questionable dependency
 requirements for basic system components.  E-mail me directly if a new
 release is put out.  Thanks guys.