6.0-Beta build error (Matthias Muthmann)

Steven Hillis evultrole at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 21:15:16 GMT 2005

On 7/21/05, Matthias Muthmann <mmuthmann at gmx.net> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 20.07.2005, 17:16 -0700 schrieb Steven Hillis:
>
> > try:
> > cd /usr/src/usr.bin/cap_mkdb && make && make install clean && rehash
> >
> > then try the install again?
> >
> Thanks - that did it!
>
> --
> Matthias Muthmann <mmuthmann at gmx.net>

Glad to hear it.

So, anyone know what that change was about? Did we just take the
cap_mkdb from NetBSD (only other -b supporting version I've seen, not
that I've been looking)?

I didn't see any notes about this anywhere either, grepped UPDATING
and README, tried to check out release notes, nothing I could see.
Somebody should probably get it in there someplace, since it's kind of
a weird compile time error.