sparc64 X and kbd keyboard driver

Matthias Muthmann mmuthmann at gmx.net
Wed Jul 6 19:51:29 GMT 2005

Am Montag, den 20.06.2005, 18:56 +0200 schrieb Dejan Lesjak:
> Thanks to changes from marius, I seem to have working X on Ultra5 (with type5
> keyboard) now. So I started playing with kbd driver a bit and so far it works
> for me. The patch is the same that I already sent a while ago:
>
> http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/xorg/patch-bsd_KbdMap.c.2

snip

Hi,

I just tried out the patch and it works, but not completely with a
german layout. The good thing is, that most keys work when I add
Option "XkbLayout"  "de"
to your config, but I'm missing the keys for the German umlaute, like
äöü and ß.
Thank's again for the patch.

Btw: I have a ultra10, freebsd 5.4 and a german type5c keyboard.

--
Matthias Muthmann <mmuthmann at gmx.net>