X configuration on Ultra2

Michael G. Jung mikej at confluenttech.com
Fri Feb 4 14:30:40 PST 2005

I'm attempting to get X working on Ultra2 - With many thanks
to Marcel, I was able to get keyboard support working
on both Ultra2 and Ultra1-E using 6.0-CURRENT.

For X I'm using a serial mouse which seems to work fine,
however the keyboard does not function as expected
within X applications like Kword, xterm, etc.

My CoreKeyboard device is defined as Keyboard0
whose section is:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
EndSection

Keys on the keyboard produce incorrect but
consistent key patterns on the screen.  For
example in xterm the key"4" always produces
"ff", key "5" produces "fg", key "6" produces
"fh" etc.

The keyboard works great outside of X. This is Xorg
6.8.1 implementation or X installed from ports.

Thanks for any suggestions.

--mikej