Sun Type 5 keyboard on an ultra 2 w/ X

mdh lists mdh_lists at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 29 23:12:21 PST 2005

/dev/sysmouse is managed by moused.  If you run
moused, you'll want to have X access the mouse via
/dev/sysmouse... Pointing to the serial interface for
the mouse directly from X works, also.  In this case
(as is the case on most sun4u workstations) /dev/cuau3
is the port to which the mouse is connected.  In case
anyone's curious, and for the saking of thoroughness,
if you wanted to run moused and have X access the
mouse via /dev/sysmouse, you'd want to run moused with
the 'mousesystems' type, and /dev/cuau3 as the port.
In this case, you'd want to specify the protocol as
"auto" in the Xorg configuration.  Take care and
enjoy!