Patch to fix locking nits in hme
jhb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 4 16:54:37 GMT 2005
I have a patch to fix several nits in the hme(4) driver's locking including:
- Using the driver lock instead of Giant in a busdma callback.
- Using callout_drain() in detach.
- Locking access to the mii registers with the driver lock.
- Clearing the RUNNING and OACTIVE flags in stop.
- Re-enabling updating the media from hme_init_locked().
- Making the mutex non-recursive.
- Fixing locking in ioctl.
Patch is at http://www.freebsd.org/~jhb/patches/hme_locking.patch
John Baldwin <jhb at FreeBSD.org> <>< http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/
"Power Users Use the Power to Serve" = http://www.FreeBSD.org
More information about the freebsd-sparc64