useless make warnings

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Fri Apr 29 15:11:19 PDT 2005

I don't know if this is a current problem or a sparc problem, so I will
change my cc'ing just as soon as I determine which.  I wrote before
about the useless make wornings, there was a fair amount of discussion
about it, including much saying that it was a very limited thing.  Well,
I can tell you that that assertion is pure bunk.  I've finished the make
buildworld, done even a reboot, and I have still got those errors.
they're a major PITA.

I guess I could see if they're common to other architectures, i have
checked that, and I could do that, sure as heck.  figure out why it
isn't , if it's not.

I would happily offer anyone with commit privs a set of diffs, if you
want someone else to do it.  I don't mind, and I happen to know enough
about makefiles not to cause a disaster, thank you very much.

Or, gimme back the commit privs I ised to have.  I went awat for a
while, combination of work wanting me to become a Linux expert, and all
the huge amount of BSD coding I had to do, left me with no time for
FreeBSD work anyhow.  I have the time again.

But I don't care, I will happily offer the diffs, just the same, I'm
quite hard to insult, I won't take it that way.  Someone would really,
really have to convince me to get me to go off in a huff.