sparc64/72731: sparc64, 5.3-BETA7, "host" command doesn't work

Robert Blechinger rblechinger at exbb.de
Fri Oct 15 06:10:20 PDT 2004

The following reply was made to PR sparc64/72731; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Robert Blechinger <rblechinger at exbb.de>
To: Ken Smith <kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: sparc64/72731: sparc64, 5.3-BETA7, "host" command doesn't work
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:04:22 +0200

 Hi Ken,

 On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 08:50:17 -0400
 Ken Smith <kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU> wrote:

 > It's working fine for me on machines that have been upgraded in a
 > manner like you describe.
 >
 > Are you sure you're using the system's version of the host command?
 > Can you check by doing 'which host' to make sure it's not a version
 > that got installed as part of a port please?  It should say "/usr/bin/host".

 no, it was build by world.

 rblechinger at nuntius:~>which host
 /usr/bin/host
 rblechinger at nuntius:~>

 i can give you access to that machine if you need.... or do what ever you
 need.

 --
 Blechinger Robert
 isp-service ag - Network Engineering

 - We are network admins, to us data is just protocol overhead -